Have you ever looked in your closet and felt like you had a closet full of nothing to wear? Perhaps you had an event or appointment to attend and an in a panic went shopping for the “right” outfit. We have all been there.
Having key pieces of clothing in your wardrobe can be the difference between feeling like you have nothing to wear and feeling (and being) ready for anything. The right pieces increase wardrobe functionality as well as creativity when planning outfits.
Continue reading to find out 10 essentials to add to your wardrobe.
- Jumpsuit. This one piece is a staple which can be styled multiple ways, and, depending on the material, can be worn year round. Pair it with a blazer for work or strappy sandal for a night out on the town.
- Lightweight Blazer. Great for layering over a sheath dress or for wearing with a t-shirt and jeans. A tuxedo styled blazer adds instant elegance if you are heading out after work or if you prefer to wear something that is edgy yet professional.
- The LBD (Little Black Dress). It goes without saying that having an LBD (or two) in your closet will keep you ready for a multitude of occasions. A style such as the wrap dress is simple yet elegant and is flattering on most body types.
- Dark Wash Jeans. Creates a look that is polished and can take you from casual to elegant depending on what you pair them with. Keep it simple by avoiding distressed styles which can distract from a clean, polished look. Pair with a chic blazer or blouse for work and a sequinned top and stilettos for a night out on the town. If you want an option that is more dressy, consider a high rise, flare leg silhouette in a more flowy denim material.
- Basic White T-Shirt/Tank top/blouse. These are great foundation pieces which can be worn with many things. Add one in a silky material or with some embellishment for an elevated look. Other basic colors to include in your wardrobe: black, grey, and cream.
- Pencil Skirt. A simple piece, which is forgiving on most body types, can be paired with a multitude of pieces including tank tops, sweaters, and blazers.
- Black Trousers. Great option that can also take you from work to play, paired with a blazer, T-shirt and accessories. Also great if skirts aren’t your thing.
- Pump. A simple pump can take you from work to play and can be paired with almost anything. A platform pump is a great middle ground and creates great structure for multitude of looks, including wide leg pants.
- Loafer. An excellent alternative if heels are not your thing or for when you cant take another step in those pumps. Opt for loafers in various skins (alligator), colors such as oxblood or even leopard print which can add a little pizzazz to an otherwise neutral outfit.
- Tote Bag and Clutch. A roomy, well constructed tote bag is essential for carrying your belongings while on the go. A basic clutch is the perfect add on for when you don’t want to carry everything you normally carry in your tote or for when you need to make that quick transition from work to play.
What wardrobe pieces do you consider to be essential?