You are a very busy woman – constantly on the go. Work. Meetings. School. Dates. Family. Plotting world domination – the list goes on. With all of the things that you have to do , your beauty and well being shouldn’t have to suffer or take a back-burner to the other important things in your life.
The following tips are not exhaustive however they can definitely begin to help you fine tune your lifestyle routine by taking some time out at the beginning of your week to plan accordingly. You can even do these things at beginning or end of your day.
1. Select your clothes at the start of the week. Think of coordinates that you can mix and match and do double duty such as a three piece suit that you can break down into separate outfits or tops and bottoms that are interchangeable. Consider any activities or events taking place that you may attend so that you can plan those outfits accordingly. Make sure all your underwear, accessories, shoes, etc. are prepped – polished, cleaned, ironed, etc. and ready to go for the upcoming week.
2. Choose a couple of hairstyles that you can do quickly and flawlessly, especially if you don’t have a short hair cut (which actually still takes a lot of maintenance). Whether you wear your hair in a top knot, chignon, braids, weave or other type of style, it is important to figure out what are the best methods, techniques, products and tools for your hair. It may mean you prep your hair at night before you go to bed.
3. Decide on a few simple make up looks. Some weeks it gets super intense so all I have to give to the world is a cat eye and a red lip (supported by a good foundation, lashes and blush). If foundation isn’t your thing, think in terms of a
- lightweight tinted moisturizer like Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer or Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer,
- BB Cream from Bobbi Brown or Smashbox or
- if you need a product that is going to correct complexion issues, consider a CC Cream from Cover FX, Clinique, or Smashbox
Also, I am quick to turn a purple eyeliner into a lipliner and add gloss so also consider makeup and other beauty products that can multitask such as
- Nars Multiple which can be used on eyes, lips and cheeks
- Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer which is a sheer illuminator, available in several hues, which gives skin beautiful radiance. It can be used alone on the high points of the face (think center of forehead and nose, cheekbones, chin as well as cupid’s bow) or mixed in with your foundation or face moisturizer for an all over glow.
- Smashbox Always Sharp 3d Liner – it is always sharp with the twist of the cap and the creamy formula can be used as an eyeshadow base.
- Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment and even Rosebud Salve which not only heals and soothe skin but can be used on brows, lids, or mixed with powder shadow to create a creamy shadow.
In addition to using products that multitask, make sure you are working from a well organized space and/or set up your products. To save myself time in the morning, I line up my jewelry and makeup, including makeup brushes, on my vanity so I don’t have to shuffle, rumble and fuss my way through my morning beautification process.
4. If you take your lunch, consider prepping it at night and put your keys in your lunch bag (just don’t forget where your keys are when it’s time to leave in the morning). You can also prep your meals for the week on your day off. This will take some discipline and planning ahead but can save you some time and money at the grocery store as well. Also think of quick breakfast options which you can find Pinterest and even here.
5. Create a to do list. Get a notebook, planner or use your phone to write down the important tasks that need to get done the upcoming week and break that down into daily goals. Have a perpetual grocery list and a personal items list so that you don’t forget anything.
6. Don’t wait until the last minute to get up in the morning. It is extremely tempting to hit that snooze button and roll over however train yourself to get up when the alarm goes off. In addition, give yourself extra time to read, pray, meditate, workout, etc. It makes for a smoother transition in the morning.